Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Kitchen Mat

The reason I started this blog is to give myself a daily opportunity to ponder and appreciate the simple moments in life.

A kitchen mat is simple, wouldn't you agree?

When my dog was a puppy, she destroyed our cheerful kitchen rug. So since then, we've gone without one. But I loved the way that rug brightened up our wood and stainless steel kitchen. Here's a picture of it, before she chewed it up:



But now that she's older, and less likely to destroy another mat, I had been keeping my eye out for a new one. On Sunday, my fiancé and I walked into Crate & Barrel on a whim, and he picked out a rug that, while not quite as cheerful as the original, definitely adds some much-needed color to our kitchen. Just simply having a new rug in my kitchen gave me a bit of happiness today as I was cooking a summer vegetable stew for dinner, and it caused me to remember my goal of savoring anything in life that brings me happiness.

One thing that brings me happiness every day? My dog. Yes, even when she's chewing up household items. Here she is on the new mat:

No comments: