Thursday, August 13, 2009

Too Pretty to Open?

A well-wrapped present is a work of art.

I love giving gifts (and getting them, too, of course!) and I admire those creative, decorative, eye-pleasing wrappings you see in craft books or Martha Stewart magazines. So, with my gift to my parents for their 34th wedding anniversary, I decided to try it for myself. I enlisted my fiancé to help me cut out red felt hearts, and I strung them along shiny green ribbon that I wrapped around the gift. I think it turned out rather cute. Judge for yourself:



When we got to my parents' house, my fiancé set up the gift on their kitchen table with candles, wine and bonbons, just to be funny:



This first try was fun, and I don't care whether Martha Stewart would be impressed or not (I'm guessing not). However, I do hope to improve my awesome-gift-wrapping skills between now and the holidays. Wrapping and giving presents is actually lots more fun than receiving them.

No comments: