Monday, August 10, 2009

Tuna in 3D?

Here's a lighter note related to my recent blog posts about filmmaker Wim Wenders and a "sense of place": Tonight my fiancé and I went out to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince at the movie theatre. One aspect I love about the Harry Potter series of films is that Hogwarts and the hidden magic city and the Weasley house are so full of character that those place are characters in the movie. Or at least they feel that way to me. I mean, can't you just feel the dust on the books and shelves when Harry and Hermoine and Ron enter any room in the school? Can't you sense the cosiness and homey atmosphere in Ron's parents' house? Can't you imagine all the streets where the students shop for wands and other magical accessories, how they might be quiet and empty at night with a few candles burning here and there, or in the morning before the shopkeepers arrive to open the stores?

At the movie theatre, we missed the earlier, regular showing of Harry Potter and thus had to pay $10 extra to see the IMAX 3D version. The ticket-seller gave us fair warning that the movie is only in 3D for the first 12 minutes. Actually, the 3D was pretty cool. Made me feel old-fashioned and hip at the same time. Here we are with our rad 3D glasses:



Before we went to the movie, my fiancé made me a delicious dinner — arugula salad with beets, orange slices, chickpeas and rare-cooked tuna steak. As my sister (who loves tuna steak) told me, I am a lucky lady!

1 comment:

Opie Dawn said...

I realize this post is from August and we are now in February, where have I been?! You and B look so cute in the 3D glasses! What a fun time.